September 15, 2011

My Skin Care Routine

SO the highly anticipated and highly requested skincare routine is finally here. I am so sorry that it has taken so long, but better late than never right?

Just a little background about my skin- I have combination skin, I get fairly oily on my forehead and sometimes on my cheeks. I also have dry patches around my nose quite often. I have a few acne scars which are scattered around my face too. But, I don't suffer from heavy break outs, I'll usually get the odd 1 or 2 spots around my time of the month.

MORNING:

I’ll wake up and wash my face with cold water. I don’t know why, but my mum has always told me to wash my face with cold water! I’ve read it tightens your skin, and can keep you looking young and wrinkle free (of course, this is just one of many processes you can try but may not actually work –I just do it because it wakes me up!)

After I washed my face, I’ll pat it down with a towel then I’ll use Olay’s Complete Care Day UV Fluid SPF 15. This is just something I picked up recently, as I needed a day moisturiser with SPF. As I don’t use a primer before my foundation, I tend to look for moisturisers which sink in the skin quickly, are light and definitely not greasy. This moisturiser is average; I’m trying to use it up at the moment as I want to purchase the Origin’s A Perfect World SPF 25, I’ve heard good reviews from my ultimate favourite guru Emyli
. I follow with a quick spritz of Evian Facial Spray and pat down with a tissue or my fingers.

Then I continue with my make-up routine.

NIGHT:

Firstly, I take my make-up off with Botanics Soothing Eye Make Up Remover. This is cheap, great for sensitive eyes and effective. The area around my eyes are very sensitive, more so than the average Joe. I’ll saturate some product onto a cotton pad and remove my eye make-up. I have been lazy and I’ve tried to skip this step and just use a make-up wipe to remove my eye make-up, but as I wear false lashes pretty much daily, a make-up wipe doesn’t remove all the lash glue from my lashes. However, this product effortlessly removes all traces of make-up from my eyes.

I then use Johnson’s Daily Cleansing Wipes to remove the rest of my face make up. After, I use the Bioderma Senisbio H2O with a cotton pad and use this all over my face to remove the final traces of make-up. Sometimes, I just use the Bioderma to remove make-up from my whole face, but as it is quite pricey, I have been trying to use it carefully.

In the shower, I will dot blobs of
Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2 in 1 Wash and Mask over my face. I having been using this for about a year now, and make sure it is always in my bathroom. I use my Clarisonic PRO to massage the face wash into my face -I usually use it for 2 minutes. I’ll wash this off when I’m done.

When my face is nice and clean, I’ll spritz Evian Facial Spray all over my face as a toner. I give it a couple of minutes to absorb in to my skin then I’ll apply Olay’s Restoring Cream or Laneige Water Sleeping Pack all over, as my night moisturisers. To be honest, my day and night moisturisers change quite often. I haven’t found one that I really love and want to go back to. So the moisturisers in this are just the ones that I have been using recently.

For my eye cream I like to use Clinique All About Eyes, which I dab gently around my eye area, and let it absorb.

If I have any spots or I can feel any spots coming through I’ll use Good Things Stop That Spot Clearing Gel where I’ll just dab some on to the areas I feel need it.

SPECIAL TREATMENTS:

These are special treatments that I give my skin, I try to do one every other day.

SHEET MASKS:
I have a variety of sheet masks, which all have different benefits (moisturizing, rejuvenating, whitening etc.) and I just use which ever I feel my skin needs at the time. My favourite sheet masks are My Beauty Diary Arbutin Whitening Mask, Hada Labo Whitening Mask (one in a blue shiny box, I can’t read anything on the packaging!) and the Olay Whitening Mask. I tend to stick with My Beauty Diary as Olay masks are quite expensive for one time use.

Please note: I do not aim for white skin, but I believe whitening masks give a brightening effect and they help lighten my acne scars and blemishes.

CLAY MASKS:
The face cleanser I use (Neutrogena Visibly Clear 2 in 1 Wash and Mask) can also be doubled as a clay mask. Sometimes before my shower I’ll put this over my face and let it harden before washing it off. Usually I do this when I feel my skin feels like it will break out. Another clay mask I use is Queen Helena’s Mint Julep Mask which again I use prior or during break outs. This is a HG for many people, as it is cheap and effective. Clay masks can be used to dry out spots so I like to use them to prevent break outs.

EYE MASKS:
These are like sheet masks, but just for the eyes. I have dark circles, and my eyes can get quite dry sometimes so I like to use eye masks to hydrate and revitalise them. My favourite is O’slee Clear Spa Complete C-Shape Eye Mask.

NOSE MASKS/STRIPS:
To rid of those ugly blackheads! I’m sure everyone uses these, either strips or masks -they are peeled off and reveal the dirt that has been trapped inside the skin of your nose (quite disgusting really). I recently bought The Face Shop’s White Mud Nose Pack which I have wanted to get my hands on for over 2 years now! Unfortunately the UK doesn’t stock The Face Shop products, but luckily I found one of their stores in Thailand this year. I really do love this product, I don’t want to rant and rave too much as I know it is hard to get in the UK -but it is amazing. The nose strip I like to use are the Biore Ultra Deep Cleansing Pore Strips.

EXFOLIATOR:
As I use the Clarisonic every day, I don’t exfoliate that often., but every 2 weeks or so I like to give my face a thorough exfoliation with Origin’s Modern Friction (usually followed by a sheet mask to take advantage of my dead skin being rid of!)

So that is my skin care routine. It seems long in writing, but really it only takes a few minutes of my day. I've tried to put links in, so you can find the products.

Hope you enjoyed! :)

No comments: