February 19, 2011

Paris ♡

[Picture heavy/long post!]

So, for Valentine's weekend my boyfriend and I went to Paris. The 14th February is also our 3rd year anniversary, and it was our first "holiday" together, which made it all extra special. We went for 3 nights, 4 days. I wasn't going to blog about it, but I was asked a couple of times on formspring - so hope you enjoy.

Day 1 -
We were taking the Eurostar to Paris, so made our way to King's Cross St. Pancras station in the morning. Got to the station a little early, so collected our tickets and then went to get some coffee at Costa. My boyfriend was super excited, and kept asking: "are you excited? are you excited? ARE YOU EXCITED?" but I was just so tired! I guess coffee woke me up a tad.

^Off to the station

Anyway, we had to go through a mini customs (mini, as in a shorter version compared to an airport's custom searches). Eventually we boarded the Eurostar and off to Lille Europe we went. We got there in about an hour and half (ish), which flew by thanks to Glamour and a nap. We had to wait about half an hour at Lille Europe for the TGV (a high speed train). We boarded that, and it was a double decker train! Our seats were upstairs too, which was quite cool. We were on that train for about an hour and finally arrived at our destination Marne-La-Vallée-Chessy.

^On Eurostar


^TGV

We had no clue where to go when we got here, but right outside the station was Disneyland! We tried to find our shuttle bus to the hotel, but no luck! It was soo annoying because there were so many bus stops. In the end we took a taxi to our hotel which only took like 5 mins! We checked in the hotel and I gathered a few leaflets from the stands so I could find out what was nearby and what we should explore lol. We got a family room which included a bunk bed for the children.. Obviously we don't have children so my boyfriend used this as his "wardrobe" meaning the thing he threw all this clothes on. After reading everything in the hotel room (I like doing this) we decided to go explore the hotel and go to Disney Village to eat dinner at Planet Hollywood.




Planet Hollywood was PACKED full of people. But luckily we got there before people started queuing. We ordered the Bailey's and banana milkshake, and mine was so strong I couldn't drink it.. and we got burgers and chips. After we took a look around the Disney store which was soo busy because the Disney parks had just closed and everyone was in the Disney Village. We took a stroll in Disney Village and ended up going back to the hotel.


^Donny's wrap

^My burger

Day 2 -
DISNEY DAY. We woke up really early to get breakfast and make our way to the Disney parks so we could get there when it opened and spend a whole day there. Breakfast was a buffet, and it was shit to put it bluntly. I have been to a lot of breakfast buffets, and this one was the worst. There wasn't much variety but I suppose it was free and to be honest I didn't expect much. We booked our Disney tickets online before going to Paris, and got the "hopper" tickets which meant we could go to and from Disneyland and Disney Studios as we pleased. We went to Disneyland first, then ate Mcdonalds in Disney Village and then went to Disney Studios. We went back to Disneyland for the parade.




To be honest, I didn't really enjoy Disney as much as I thought I would. It was really cold (petty I know, but I despise the cold) and it was really really busy. There were a lot of annoying kids running about and the French (sorry to generalize but this is the impression I got whilst being there) are SO rude. We went back to the hotel and ordered room service that night because we couldn't be bothered to go back out!

I spent that night with a map and my Paris app planning what I wanted to visit and see in Paris for the next day. I circled stations to get off and places I wanted to go, whilst my boyfriend napped lol.

Day 3 -

Another early start, we went for breakfast and then went to the station to begin our adventure in Paris! We bought an all day travel ticket for Paris and set off to Printemps (a department store). Then we decided to walk along the street towards Champs Elysées, and came across Ladurée (a super cute macaroons shop) and Sephora! I was really excited at this point because I wanted to find these two shops the most lol.




We eventually ended up taking the metro to Champs Elysées because we realised we were walking the wrong way lol. A note on the French metro/RER it was SO dirty and reminded me of underground trains you see on films in America and they're dirty and scary. It was scary and we saw pickpockets, there were a lot of beggars on them too. Anyway, we got to Champs Elysées and I loved it there -it was like a big Oxford Street.




At the end of the street was the Arc de Triomphe de l'Étoile, we took a few pictures. We then went in search from another department store La Bon Marché. When we got there we were really hungry, so we tried to look for somewhere to eat which was REALLY difficult. Everywhere that we went by looked run down and had no people inside! So we were wary about where to eat. We ended up walking really far to find a Mcdonalds (lol). So we had a little rest in Mcdonalds and by then we were tired and fed up! After we made our way to the Eiffel Tower.

^Arc de Triomphe

The queue for the Eiffel Tower was massive. There were also loads of men trying to sell you things standing around, and trying to give you roses etc.



^View from Eiffel Tower



^Was dark by the time we came back down, so pretty

After all that we went back to Disney Village, and I napped on the metro. We went to eat at Rainforest Cafe. It was really pretty inside, we were sat right by a waterfall. Donny ordered a massive dessert called "Volcano" and it came with a sparkler lol.


^Donny's dinner

^My dinner

^Massive "Volcano" dessert that we couldn't finish

^Waterfall!

We went to the Disney store to get some souvenirs and my babe bought me a balloon! Which I wanted since we got there, and he got it then so it would last a little longer when I got home :)

Day 4 -
Leaving day! I got up super early to pack, and we went down for breakfast and left for the station. Back to Lille Europe and then to London! I got so many stares from people because of my big Minnie Mouse balloon lol. We are all young at heart, and why not if it makes you happy. When I got back to my room my boyfriend had a bouquet of a dozen roses on my bed :)) he is really the sweetest.

Overall, I had a good time with the boyfriend. But, I don't think "sightseeing" holidays is my thing lol. I wouldn't go back again, unless it was to just go shopping! It's really hard uploading pictures using blogspot -.- so I uploaded the main ones.

Hope you enjoyed reading, sorry it was so long! :)

x

No comments: