March 10, 2010

Neutrogena and SPF

A couple of years ago I wasn't really bothered about SPF or having any sort of protection on my face. But my mum use to always moan at me telling me I'll get freckles and age prematurely, which freaked me out! When I sunbathe I'll put SPF 50+ on my face and SPF 30 on my body, but I'll always cover my face with a towel or something because I don't want freckles. (Nothing wrong with freckles, just I don't have them so I don't want them.)

Anyways, for about a year now I've been using Neutrogena Fine Fairness Brightening UV Moisture SPF 50+ as a base for my make up partly because it makes a really good base, but mainly because it has a high SPF. I bought this from HK and used it there when I first bought it, but carried on using it in England eventhough the sun isn't as strong.
On the packaging it claims to have a 'protective multi-vitamin complex with antioxidants, including Vitamins A, C and E, and green tea extract - helps prevent environmental damage that may accelerate the signs of aging.'

The consistency is really light, actually sometimes it can feel a little drying because it's so light. It absorbs really well - which is what I like about it because usually creams with high SPF are quite greasy.

The down side is the bottle/tube. It's really hard to squeeze sometimes because it's so stiff.

No comments: